Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Art - Henri Rousseau

 Kia ora readers!

For the past week, we have been talking about art from Henri Rousseau and talking about the jungle prints, we have also been learning about: Background, Middle-ground, fore-ground and all those sorts for the basics. But first, we had to warm, up which is like draw a jungle, and watch a video to get to know about Henri R. If you don't know who he is, he goes to a botanical garden in Paris and studied the plants and zoo animals there, and fun fact he's never been to a jungle or forest, that's why he goes to a botanical garden. 

Terms:

Repetition: Repeated use of image, shape or colour. This can help create unity in Art

Background: The information you see as the furthest away in an art image. 

Middle ground: The area between the foreground and the background. 

Foreground: The information you see as the closest to you in Art image. 

Mono: one, single. 

Print: A copy. A transfer of pigment from one surface to another. Here we use it to make Art work. 

Foliage: leaves of a plant, leafage. 

Flora: Plants of a region or era. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post