Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Hands on Fire

 Kia Ora Readers!

Aim: 

This week on science my aim is to safely set my hands on fire. 

Equipment:

  • Safety glasses 
  • Detergent (Soap)
  • Matches or lighter 
  • Gas
  • Hose
  • Container 
  • Water

Instructions

  1. Get your equipment
  2. Put your safety glasses on
  3. fill the container with water 
  4. Put some detergent in the water
  5. Connect the hose to the gas tap and the other end goes in the container with the water and detergent
  6. Turn on the gas tap
  7. Tie up your hair if its long
  8. Wet your hands, up to your elbows 
  9. With two hands scoop the bubbles.
  10. Extend your arms in front of your face
  11. DO NOT pull your hands away 
  12. Set the bubbles on fire with your lighter 
  13. To get rid of the fire slowly open your hands into the iron man pose. 


This is what I mean by the two last Instruction



Results:
I saw
I saw a bold bright orange fire.

I heard
I heard the bubbles blowing, and I head fire whoosh 

I smelled
I smelt burnt silicone as the fire goes away

I felt
I felt terrified because I thought the fire was gonna go everywhere





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post