Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Gummy Bear Osmosis

Kia Ora Readers!

Aim:

I want to find out what happens to gummy bears when we put them into different solutions.  

Prediction

I predict that they are gonna grow if you put them into the water for quite a long time. 

Method

Equipment:

  • 4x gummy bear of the same colour 
  • 2x Petri dishes
  • Paper Towels
  • Marker pen
  • Water
  • Sugar Water
  • Salt water 
  • Electronic balance 
  • Beaker
  • Measuring Cylinder 
  • Safety Goggles 

Instructions:

  1. Get Your equipment
  2. put on your safety glasses
  3. Using the marker, write the name of the condition on the petri dish. DRY, WATER, SALT WATER, SUGAR WATER. 
  4. Weigh the gummy bears and write the weight on the petri dish.
  5. Measure 4ml of the solution and pour it into the petri dish 

Results: 

This is before the experiment:

Results after 4 days:
DryWaterSalt WaterSugar Water
Initial Weight of Gummy bear5.445.565.465.57
Final Weight of Gummy bear5.194.985.146.63
Weight Difference
Initial Volume40mL40mL40mL
Final Volume3mL4mL5mL
Water Loss373635

What is Osmosis?
  1. Osmosis is a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post