Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Skittles Colour Experiment - Science

 Kia Ora Readers! 

Aim:

I want to find out what happens when I put Skittles into water. 

Method:

Equipment 

  • Skittles 
  • Petri Dish
  • Warm water 
  • Beaker 
  • White background/surface

Instructions:
    1.Get equipment
    2.Put 8 Skittles in the petri dish.
    3.Spread the Skittles out evenly on the petri dish.
    4.Gently pour warm water in the middle of the petri dish.
    5. Don't overflow the petri dish. 
    6. Observe and record on what happens.

Prediction:
I think I will see, colours spread out, and it will all be colourful and the Skittles will lose colour like it was bleached.

From this:

To This:
My thoughts were correct.
I saw the colours ran into each other, and spread out like it was a rainbow. 

Discussion:
  1. The colours dissolved. Dissolve means when a solid mixes into a liquid creating a solution.
  2. The colour spread in the water. The colours were concentrated and diffused (Moved) to area there was no colour. 
  3. The colours did not mix. The colours had different solubilities 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post