Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Making Hokey Pokey

 Kia ora readers!

This week we will be making hokey pokey, but we will unfortunately make it on Friday just because we are making this blog post today. The reason we won't do it today is because when we make the hokey pokey, we won't have enough time to make this blog post on the same day we try to make the hokey pokey. 

Aim:

I want to find out how to make hokey pokey. 

Research: 

Find three videos: Funny, How to make Hokey pokey and science of Hokey Pokey. 

How to make Hokey Pokey:

Science of Hokey Pokey (basically how to make it but it has some scientific stuff): 

Funny Version: 


Method:

Equipment:
  • Pot
  • 5 tablespoons of Sugar
  • 2 tabelspoons of Golden Syrup 
  • 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate)
  • Wooden Spoon for mixing 
  • Stove or Bunsen burner 
  • Baking paper 
Instructions:
  1. Get all of your equipment ready and gather them in one spot 
  2. Set up your Bunsen Burner  (Yellow Safety)
  3. Put your pot on the Bunsen Burner on the tripod and use the blue flame
  4. Add the sugar and golden syrup to the pot.
  5.  Mix with the wooden spoon
  6. Stop mixing and turn of the Bunsen when the sugar begins to boil 
  7. Add the Baking Powder and mix
  8. Pour the mixture onto the baking paper
  9. Let it cool 
Results:






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post