Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

Making Sherbet

Kia ora readers!

Today in science we are going to be making sherbet, we were supposed to do something else but we missed almost 3 weeks of class. 

Aim:

I want to learn how to make sherbet.

Here is a video of how to make sherbet: 


 Method:

Equipment

  • Icing sugar and Raro
  • Cup or any other sort of container
  • Citric Acid or Tartaric Acid
  • Baking powder
  • Popsicle stick 
  • Teaspoon 
Instructions:
  1. Get all of your equipment ready 
  2. Add one teaspoon of sugar/raro to the cup
  3. Add half a teaspoon of acid to the cup
  4. Add half a teaspoon of baking powder to the cup
  5. Mix with the stick
  6. Taste the sherbet and adjust the flavour 
Results:
What happened in the cup? Nothing happened in the cup, but it did turn pink because of the raro.
What happens in your mouth? My mouth starts sizzling and it felt foamy in my mouth.

The scientific word for fizzing is effervescence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post