Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

What is an Acid?

Kia Ora readers!

Aim:

Names of acid:

  • \Hydrochloric Acid 
  • Sulfuric Acid 
  • Nitric Acid  
Formulae of Acids:
  • HCl
  • H2SO4
  • HNO3
Where do you find acids?
  • Plaque Acid on your teeth
  • Stomach Acid if Hydrochloric Acid
  • Battery Acid is Sulfuric Acid
  • Lemons and Oranged have Citric Acid
  • Vinegar contains Acid 
  • Bee-Stings have Formic Acid
  • Coca-Cola has Carbonic Acid 
What is an Acid?
  • An acid contains Hydrogen atoms that break off to react with a substance. 
Litmus Colour:
Litmus Paper changes colour in acid, it changes to a RED colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post