Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Ginger Beer

 Kia Ora readers!

Aim: 

I want to find out how to make a ginger beer. 

Research: 

Here are three YouTube clips of Tasting ginger beer, how to make ginger beer and how yeast ferments drinks. 





Method 

Ingredient: 

  • Ginger beer 
  • Sugar 
  • Lemon 
  • Warm Water 
  • Yeast  
Equipment: 
  • Spoon
  • Plastic Cup 
  • Kettle (For the lukewarm water)
Instructions:
  1. Put 4 table spoons of yeast into your cup 
  2. Put 1 tablespoon of sugar in your cup
  3. Pour in the lukewarm water halfway into the cup 
  4. Mix it around
  5. Leave it for 10 minutes 
  6. Put in some ginger powder
  7. Squirt some lemon or lemon juice 
  8. Let it sit for 2-3 days 
Here is a picture of how mine turned out:
It tasted sour because the ginger powder sank to the bottom of the cup, it smelt sour again because of the lemon juice I put in. And it looked like a light yellow but some of the others looked like a dark yellow. 

If you do make one make sure to mix it after because the ginger powder will sink to the bottom of the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post