Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Blind Taste Testing

 Kia Ora Readers!

Aim: My aim is to find out what unknown foods while I am blind folded. 

Research: Here is a video to find out how our tasting works. 


Method:

Equipment

  • Blind Fold 
  • Unknown foods
Instructions
  1. Get Your equipment 
  2. put your blindfold on 
  3. Taste test the food
  4. Is it SWEET, SOUR, BITTER, SPICY OR SALTY 
  5. Guess what your food is 
  6. Record your observations in a table chart 
Results: 
Food 1 
When I ate the food it was chewy and sticky, I blocked my nose but I still tasted something, lt tasted like an orange and it was a sweet flavour. 
Food 2
The next one was citric acid, it tasted tingly and kinda salty for me, but I blocked my nose and it still tasted very strong, but then when I unblocked my nose it tasted even stronger. 
Food 3
The next food was baking powder, I thought it was sugar or flour, but it tasted kind of bitter and it tasted disgusting for me. 
Food 4
The next food was salt, I didn't like the taste because it was too much for me and it tasted like saliva mixed with salty things. 
Food 5
The next food was sugar, it was not too sweet but it tasted really good 
Food 6 
The next food was called Sherbet with no flavour, it started bubbling on my tongue and it tasted like it was salty and sour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post